Accepted Insurance Plans
Suncoast Medical Clinic and BayCare Medical Group accepts most major insurance plans. We encourage our patients to verify with their insurance carrier that the physician they will be seeing is included on their plan. Always be sure to have a valid referral on file and remember to bring your insurance cards with you to your appointment.
Insurance plans currently accepted by Suncoast Medical Clinic include:
- Accountable Health Plan
- American Medical Securities
- BayCare Health Network
- Blue Cross / Blue Shield - Health Options
- Beech Street
- EverCare (Not all PCP's)
- First Health
- One Health Plan
- Private Health Care Systems
- Railroad Medicare
- TriCare for Lfe
- United HealthCare
This list is subject to change.
As a courtesy, we will submit medical claims to your primary and secondary insurance provider. We are always here to assist you, but we rely on you to provide us with the most current insurance information.
You will not receive a bill from our clinic until your insurance provider has processed your claim. If your insurance does not cover the full amount of the bill, you will receive a bill for the remainder of the charge. If you believe your insurance provider handled your claim incorrectly, please contact your insurance provider directly.
No Insurance/ Self Pay Patients:
For our self-pay patients, payment in full is requested at the time of service. Unless alternative payment arrangements are made in advance with your doctor's office, 50 percent of surgical fees are due in advance of any surgery.
Many insurance companies and managed care plans have copayments (copays). In most situations, your insurance card will indicate if a copay is required. If your card does not show whether you owe a copay, please call your insurance provider.
Like most clinics, we request that you pay your copay at the time of your appointment. Please give your copay to the receptionist when you check in to see your doctor.
- A written referral from physician or referral source is required to see many of our specialists.
- Pre-authorization is required by some insurance plans.
- Patient instructions for specific tests will be provided when the appointment is scheduled.
- To avoid unnecessary testing, please bring relevant medical records, test results and X-rays to your appointment.
- Services are provided in close coordination with our patient's referring physician.
- Diagnosis, evaluation and recommended treatment information is provided promptly to the referring physician.
Please be prepared to provide the following when calling to schedule a diagnostic examination by one of our specialists:
- Patient name and date of birth
- Probable diagnosis
- Insurance/referral information, including primary care physician
- Pertinent physician clinical findings or symptoms